Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Regina


Next stop. Regina!  Longitude and Latitude , 104°35'W and 50°27'N. I love Regina. but I always gotta watch my back, in 2007 Regina was voted highest crime rate in Canada! eek! The population there is 199,000. Recorded in 2006. The population density is 1,198 /sq mi. Regina wasn't my favourite when it comes to landforms, the landform there is plain and dry. The climate is warm summers and cold, dry winters. I'm glad I wasn't there in the winter! Regina is part of the Prairies Eco-zone. I don't really like the prairies. The closest National Park in Regina is Victoria Park. I didn't get to visit it. But from talking to locals and reading in my books, Victoria National Park is meant be fantastic! There are quite a few Industries in Regina, like Steel and Manufacturing, Information Technology, Energy and Environment, Finance & Insurance, Agri-Business. Tourism wasn't as much as I thought it would be.  The main places I saw tourists were sports centers, museums and parks. I don't think I would visit Regina for a vacation anytime soon , but I did love the atmosphere that the City / Town gave to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment